Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March Madness

Most of February was lost in a dark depression brought on by the renovation blues. Fueled by too much dust and the absence of a downstairs living space and kitchen, it is something I have seen in many of our past clients and thus is easily recognizable.

Mourning the absence of my pots and pans, kitchen sink and other useful everyday items, I have drowned my sorrows in too much Malbec and evening television. Which is even more depressing.

To avoid the endless hours of painting trim and decision making that comes with entirely redoing the most important living space in our new home, I have enlisted Dulce to help me get out of the house in the morning.

She is a happy accomplice, and we hit the pavement running just as all the kiddos are standing along the street waiting for the school bus to whisk them away to higher learning.

Down Thunder Mountain, we glimpse the snow-capped Boise foothills between the houses to the north.

This week, I've noticed that crocuses and daffodils are starting to make their appearance!
In fact, the days are getting much warmer, ending mostly in the high 50s, though there is often a cold wind blowing; I'm hoping that will pass as March "goes out like a lamb?"

The fence installation is complete, which means we can enjoy a little more privacy, and Dulce can run around on her own some, too. And we're eagerly awaiting... cherries! Our neighbor says this tree will be filled with fruit come May!!! Can't wait.


1 comment: