Saturday, February 20, 2016

Old West

I took these pictures in downtown Boise in 2009.

The "Old West" feeling accentuates the rustic charm of this picturesque, small city center.


My fascination with the West, fed by many long roadtrips along I-40 and I-70 over the years, will definitely be satisfied in our explorations of this historic frontier area.



When we purchased our home, I loved that it is located just off of a street called War Bonnet. This immediately invokes a Wild West theme. Colorful headdresses worn by Indians caught up in a war dance...

We live on Silver Spur Avenue, the name reminiscent to a snazzy, cowboy accessory. On walks with Dulce, we've explored the streets surrounding us:  Rawhide, Chaps, Saddlehorn, Sundance, Thunder Mountain, Mojave, Ambush, Maverick, Carbine, Packsaddle, Stetson, Conestoga, Arrowhead Way, and Pony Drive. A neighborhood that John Wayne would have been proud to call home :)



No comments:

Post a Comment